Author: Devdutt Pattanaik
Publisher: Rupa Publications
Backdrop: The Hanuman Chalisa is a Hindu devotional hymn addressed to Hanuman. It is traditionally believed to have been authored by 16th-century poet Tulsidas in the Awadhi language.
Why I Picked This Book Up!
So I decided to read this book after I realised that listening to the Hanuman Chalisa actually relieved my stress, I don’t know if it is psychological or if it really works. You can and must listen to it 3-4 times, and see if it works for you! Listen to it here.
So naturally I was inclined towards it and I further wanted to understand the deeper meaning of the Hanuman Chalisa. Devdutt Pattanaik whom I already admire for what he does through his television show Devlok with Devdutt Pattanaik which grabbed my interest in the first place! Naturally, I knew the book would not disappoint.
- Devdutt Pattanaik gives a 360 degree interpretation of the chaupais and does not seem biased but very honest and clear.
- You don’t have to be a follower of Hinduism to read this book. Written in a very simple language, it opens its treasures with every page that you flip.
- I absolutely adore the illustrations provided, they make it all the more interesting to read.
- Hanuman’s devotion for Lord Rama will make you smile
- Lessons! A lot of lessons to be learnt from the book that will help one become a better and an understanding human being.
- And the Chalisa might as well work for in resolving your problems and stress.
- The chaupais are explained well with detailed backdrop stories and also provide comparative information with other religions!
- This is one book that I would love to go back to!
So whether you’re a follower of the mighty Shree Hanuman( this book made me one!) or you’re someone interested in reading mythology or you need a book to help you in life, My Hanuman Chalisa by Devdutt Pattanaik should be your pick!
That was all for today. Thankyou for stopping by, oh, and have a great weekend ahead. 🙂